Cicada Books & Coffee, a family-owned, independent bookstore and cafe located in Huntington’s Central City Antiques District (604 14th St. W), is looking for a social media marketing intern for the spring 2024 semester.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting social media audits of business and its competitors
- Helping marketing and events coordinator plan monthly content calendar
- Creating content (including photos, graphics and video) for Cicada’s Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Assisting the marketing and events coordinator with monitoring and managing social media platforms
- Reviewing social media analytics and developing reports
- Brainstorming social media campaign ideas with marketing and events coordinator
- Attending store events to capture social media content
*If the intern displays an interest in other areas of marketing, additional responsibilities can be discussed.
- Current Marshall University student pursuing a business or journalism degree (also open to other majors with related experience)
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of/familiarity with social media platforms and willingness to learn about new trends/best practices
- Passionate about community and small business (books and coffee/tea are also a big plus!)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to display professionalism in all instances
- Self-motivated but also able to work collaboratively
- Creative and open to new ideas
- Organized and able to meet deadlines
- Graphic design and video editing experience (preferred but not required)
The intern will be expected to work approximately 15 hrs/wk over the course of 13 weeks for course credit (this internship is unpaid). Scheduling is flexible; however, the intern will be expected to have a weekly in-person meeting with the marketing and events coordinator and attend store events as needed. The intern will receive an employee discount on books, food/beverages and store merchandise.
Email resumes to Dawn at email@example.com.